Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Good Morning Texas

The Land Report/Working Dogs segment on "Good Morning Texas" went very well, I thought. But who is that old man with the little yellow cur?

The WFAA folks were very gracious. Host Gary Cogill made quite a fuss over the dogs and even brought them a big bowl of water. Eric O'Keefe did a great job and put in a fine plug for Working Dogs of Texas, the book Wyman and I finished early this year. It should be out in fall 2009.

We had a great time, and thank goodness I didn't have to talk!

3 comments:

Chas S. Clifton said...

The TV station has done something to the video's URL -- I had better luck with this one.

Luisa said...

Well done! I love Cate [and stole her picture for a blog post]. Why can't the book be out sooner [whines]... Congrats on the TV spot and the most excellent article.

Henry Chappell said...

Thanks, Chas. I'll I'll update the link. I just tried it, and it worked, but you have to suffer through a commercial that lasts nearly as long as the dog segment.

luisa, it's great to hear from you! Thanks for your kind words. You'd love Hunter's cowdog. She's a real sweetheart and a sure-enough worker - mostly border collie, but with a little kelpie in the mix.