Monday, December 5, 2011

Back on the Road

Driving out of a creek bottom after a morning squirrel hunt in Anderson County, Texas.


Here we go again. Another blog revival. Why bother after a year-long hiatus?

Beats me. It just feels like something I need to do. This past year has been the busiest of my writing career, and I don't see things letting up anytime soon. Still, I have some things to say that don't quite fit in my books and magazine articles, and there's the restorative effect of fall after a brutal summer here in Texas.

Many thanks to my fellow bloggers who've kept me on blog rolls during my long absence. I hope you'll bear with me as I get back into the rhythm. As always, I'll be all over the place, from the hunting and nature writing people expect, to more philosophical postings. As much as possible, I'll avoid politics, but I'm sure something will send me around the bend, and I won't be able to help myself. In those instances, I'll have to ask for your indulgence. I promise not to be nasty and hope you'll return the favor.

Onward!


2 comments:

Mark Churchill said...

Welcome back!!! You were missed.

Henry Chappell said...

Thanks Mark! It's great to be back. I appreciate your kind words!